After a 2 year unscheduled break, the Chromag Bikes Toonie Race and Show & Shine Après Celebration is back.
The Show 'n Shine is a WORCA Toonie like no other, this one’s a Thriller featuring old school Whistler South trails. The course will be set by our presenting Sponsor North Shore Billet. Check the worca.com/toonie-rides for map and all Toonie info.
However, the Après is what really separates The Chromag Show & Shine from other dates on the Toonie Calendar…
- It's judged by you! Chromag owners will shine and display their steed to garner votes in order to win the coveted “Best In Show” prize. (some people have been known to go quite overboard with their displays)
- We have bespoke custom medals made and donated by the talented chaps down at North Shore Billet.
- Live DJ’s on a Ragamuffin sound system. We will again have Gypsy Phantom and Earth Woman going back to back to create a festival atmosphere.
- Top food will be provided using fresh local ingredients from our neighbors Whistler Cooks.
- Copious amounts of BEER from our other neighbor Coast Mountain Brewing…
Speaking of beer, we will be launching and serving our collaborative “Dig for Victory” beer on the night!
Dig for Victory is a collaboration between Chromag & Coast Mountain Brewing that aims to give back to the trails, and the best thing about it, it's made with 100% local loam!
Dig For Victory also extends into a clothing line which will be available next week.
Every Dig for Victory product that you buy, whether a t-shirt, cap, or beer, puts money into the (dirty) hands of those who keep our trail network buffed, deadfall-free and ready to ride. Not to mention funding new trails that we love to see popping up all over the place.
The DFV clothing line will only be available online at chromagbikes.com & Chromag HQ in Whistler.
You will be able to pick up the beer at Coast Mountain Brewing from the 30th, and select bars and liquor stores in the Sea to Sky region for a limited time only, starting July 1st.
So please come on out and have a grand old time with us on Thursday June 30th. Your can register for the toonie here. Don't forget to sign up for your WORCA membership to race, all the money goes to supporting our wonderful Whistler trail network!
Here's a rundown of events for the evening:
- 6:30pm Race start, Eastside Main where AM/PM exits. Arrive 10-15mins early! (Pre register online before 6pm)
- 7:30pm Après starts at Chromag Bikes HQ, 1220 Alpha Lake Rd. Function Junction.
- 7:30pm – 8:15pm Show & Shine display registration and display set up, voter viewing throughout. (You can register earlier if you're not doing the race)
- 8:00pm Toonie Awards, race winners announced.
- 8:15pm – 8:45pm Show & Shine voting open. Voting ends at 8:45pm sharp.
- 9:00pm Show and Shine contest winners announced.
- 9:00pm - Late PARTY TOWN!
See you Thursday! x